Just a reminder, ibuprofen is NOT meant for use in dogs -for managing arthritis, or anything else! a dog owner was told in a Facebook group it was safe to give, then brought the dog into the Vet for bleeding from the mouth, he then proceeded to vomit up a gelatinous mess...and caused some hefty Vet bills.
ASA, acetominophen, paracetamol and almost all human pain relievers are toxic to animals if not in it's entirely, then in similar dosages. Best advice, give NOTHING unless prescribed by a veterinarian.
Please do not rely on the advice of groups on social media when it comes to the welfare of your pet. It is always best to seek Veterinary advice.
Thanks Dianne, for bringing this post to our attention.